Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Photoshop warning?

Should we put a warning under things photoshopped?

        
          My personal thoughts are we should put a warning label under models photoshopped pictures because it is harming the minds of women and over all false advertising. Even the women in the pictures don't look like that, they wish they did. But some think it is only a picture with a few touch ups, or is it? Personally I know that I sometimes wish to be thinner and have better skin when I look at people in magazines, but I wouldn't feel so pressured into that way of perfection if I new that the models in the picture don't even look like the models in the picture. Before I saw this video I didn't even know that almost every single picture in a magazine was photoshopped. If I didn't even know that then how can people expect others to know that this picture of perfection isn't so perfect at all? What kind of message are we sending out to our children girls and even boys? I say boys because there are also men models that are photoshopped to either make their skin look better or their muscles look bigger. It is not just men and women that are affected by this lie, but also our children. There should be a label on pictures that are photoshopped so then people will know if I buy this product I won't look like them, I am perfect the way that I am.

The link below gives more of a perspective on this issue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUb5PZHcovA

No comments:

Post a Comment